Tuesday, August 7, 2007

N.A.CH.O.

For Tricky Nick
-
My name is Jacques and I am a charter member of N.A.CH.O. To those of you not familiar with snappy acronyms and their true meanings, that stands for the National Association of Chihuahua Owners. Our organization was started in 1984 with the primary goal of uniting Chihuahua owners so that proper legislation could be made for our pint-sized pals. Whether you own the Teacup, Toy, Ultratoy, Ragdoll, Longhair, Hairless, or Triple Blink variety of Chihuahua, we welcome you to our family.
-
Have you ever had the problem of pushy businesses with no concern for your best friend? I bring Ralph (my Toy Chihuahua) everywhere with me: department stores, ultra-chic clothing stores, coffee shops, jewelry stores, home improvement stores, night clubs, the doctor’s office; they are all where my dog belongs. During the winter, I cannot be expected to leave my darling best friend in the car to shiver. So I bring him into the stores with me – wearing his alpaca-hair sweater with a triple stitched French collar blouse layered beneath. He seems to get more compliments on his fashion than me.
-
Sometimes, when it is really cold, I tuck him halfway in my blazer so that he can stay warm off of my body heat. For some reason he still shivers though. And he blinks a lot; does your Chihuahua blink a lot? I am thinking that maybe I should have the vet take a look at him. I mean he blinks like twenty times a second.
-
The other day, Ralph and I were wearing our matching N.A.CH.O. t-shirts, and we went in to this one store with a manager that apparently had a problem with us. If this ever happens to you, simply flash your membership card and state: “I keep this dog for medical reasons; it is my right to bring him in here, so don’t give me any of your anti-canine guff!” Usually, the person harassing you about your Chihuahua friend will simply shake their head and leave you alone. If that doesn’t work, take a clue from your best friend and try the classic ‘owner-like-dog’ routine: start shaking with minute tremors and blink like ten times a second. Also, bulge your eyes out a little and look at the verbal attacker with an air of futile defiance.

2 comments:

Tricky Nick said...

oh, Jordan I new you would come through and write another blog post eventually. I just had to sign up for one of these accounts so I could let you know that I will still be checking up on these. LOL

Scrambled Dregs said...

Well, obviously Ralph is a triple blink variety. So if the average blinks ten times a minute, Ralph is a little slow on the uptake at twenty.

Hee Hee.